Research Associate: Governance for Sustainable Development
The UN University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS) is currently seeking a researcher to join its Governance for Sustainable Development team as a research associate to be based in Tokyo. The deadline for applications is 31 January 2015.
Governance for Sustainable Development is one of several UNU-IAS projects focusing on sustainable development governance. The project aims to contribute to international discussions towards the establishment of the SDGs in the short term, and to propose policies and frameworks for a long-term transformation in human behaviour towards a sustainable society.
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD degree (no ABDs) in the area of political science, law, environment, development, social sciences, or a related discipline;
- Experience in management of research programmes is an asset;
- Sound record of or potential for publication of the above mentioned research areas with focus on policy and practice;
- Teaching experience is desirable;
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Japanese is required. Knowledge in other United Nations official languages is an asset; and
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Remuneration will commensurate with qualifications and experience, and can range from JPY 350,000 to 450,000 per month. There are no other fringe benefits.
Please visit the vacancy announcement on the UNU website for full details on the position and the application procedure. http://unu.edu/about/hr/academic/research-associate-gsd.html#overview