4th internartional climate change adaptation conference: Call for abstracts and sessions open!
Adaptation Futures is the biennial conference of PROVIA (Global Programme of Research on Climate Change Vulnerability, Impacts and Adaptation). In 2016 the European Commission and the Government of the Netherlands will co-host the fourth edition. The programme of the conference will offer a variety of plenary and parallel sessions, round tables, field trips, exhibition, side events and back-to-back meetings.
Reminder: Call for abstracts and sessions open! Deadline: 4 October
For the conference different kind of sessions will be organised. In the first place science-practice, practice and science sessions to be proposed and organised by yourself. Secondly, sessions composed of approved abstracts.
Submission of sessions
You are invited to submit a proposal for a complete session. In the proposal the topic of the session, the aim, the organisers, all presenters, form and working methods of the session should be well explained.
Submission of abstracts
You can submit an abstract. All abstracts have to contain the following elements: research question, methodology, findings and significance of the research for practical solutions.
Since we are particularly interested in how adaptation works out in practice, also practitioners can submit an abstract following the same elements. You can think for example about an evaluation of an adaptation project or a thorough cost-benefit analysis.
Conference themes and cross cutting issues
To maximise the impact of the conference, seven themes and three cross cutting issues have been identified that reflect the prominent subjects in climate adaptation of today and the coming decade.
1. Cities and infrastructure
2. Food, forestry and rural livelihoods
3. Fresh water availability and access
4. Public health
5. Ecosystems and ecosystem based adaptation
6. Disaster risk reduction
7. The Arctic
Cross cutting issues
8. Risk assessment, adaptation planning and evaluation
9. Institutions and governance
10. Finance, investment and business
- August Registration open, early bird till 15 March 2016
- 4 October 23.59h GMT+1 Call for abstracts and policy/practice/science sessions closed
- End November Notification of policy/practice/science session selection
- Week of 15 December Notification of abstract/poster selection
- January Publication draft programme
- February Publication final programme
- 15 March Registration: end of early bird rate, start regular fee
- 10-13 May Conference