UN Calls for individuals and NGOs with projects on Climate Change
The search for Momentum for Change’s 2015 Lighthouse Activities is on! Applications are being accepted from 21 January to 24 April. Spearheaded by the United Nations Climate Change Secretariat, Momentum for Change shines a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
If you’re leading a results-driven project that is successfully addressing climate change, we want to hear from you!Who can apply?
Organizations, communities, cities, businesses, governments and others that are taking concrete action on climate change can apply to have their projects recognized as a 2015 Lighthouse Activity.Why should you apply?
If your project is selected as a winning activity, you will receive a wide range of benefits, including fully covered attendance to the 2015 UN Climate Change Conference in Paris, France; access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference; public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat; public relations support and media training; high-quality promotional videos and podcasts; a dedicated page about your project on our website; and graphic assets such as infographics and professional photography.How to apply?
- To start a new application, register in our online application portal. It will take at least an hour to complete an application but you can save your progress at any time and work on it at your convenience. Completed applications must be submitted by Friday, 24 April 2015.
- Take a 6 minute tour of the application process. Watch the screencast for step-by-step instructions.
- Please visit the Essential Information page for essential eligibility information about the application processs.
Applicants must chose one of the following four focus areas where their activity is making a difference.
- URBAN POOR: Recognizing climate action that improves the lives of impoverished people in urban communities. Learn more
- WOMEN FOR RESULTS: Recognizing the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change. Learn more
- FINANCING FOR CLIMATE FRIENDLY INVESTMENT: Recognizing successful financial innovations and funding mechanisms that are unlocking climate finance and building capacity. Learn more
- ICT SOLUTIONS: Recognizing ICT solutions across all sectors in society that are reducing energy use, cutting greenhouse gas emissions and building resilience to the effects of climate change. Learn More
More information: http://momentum.unfccc.int/