World Mountain Forum 2016 is coming! SAVE THE DATE!
We have the pleasure of sharing with you some important information about two upcoming mountain events in Mbale, Uganda next October:
• The World Mountain Forum – Mountains for Our Future on 17-19 October
• The Fifth Global Meeting of the Mountain Partnership on 21-22 October (Mountain Partnership members only)
On 20 October a field trip will be held, open to participants of both meetings.
• The World Mountain Forum brings together mountain stakeholders from around the globe, and provides a platform for exchange, promotion of collaborative action and fostering political dialogue among different levels of society. The overall goal of the World Mountain Forum is to engage dialogue with articulated, concrete actions and concerted efforts to address the plight of mountain ecosystems towards Sustainable Mountain Development. The Forum will cover four themes, namely:
1. Mountains and Climate Change
2. Mountain Communities and Livelihoods
3. Mountain Ecosystem Services
4. Sustainable Mountain Agriculture
If you are interested in participating, please register through the event website at http://wmf.mtnforum.org. The registration fee is $50 and you will confirm your payment of the fee upon registering on the website. There is limited funding/sponsorship for especially active contributors and participants from developing countries. Self-funded participants are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Mountain Partnership members are invited to attend the Fifth Global Meeting of the Mountain Partnership. The meeting agenda will be shared shortly but please save the date in the mean time. This Global Meeting, three years after the last one, which took place in Erzurum, Turkey, will provide members with an opportunity to take stock of the progress on the MP work plan, discuss achievements, exchange information, identify new areas of work and promote new collaboration.